CTRPCV engages in a broad range of activities, including:
- Holding regular meetings and hosting fundraising events in ethnic restaurants and other locations throughout the state;
- Assisting communities at home and abroad through our project grants program, the CTRPCV Service Fund;
- Sharing in NPCA activities, newsletters and membership benefits;
- Providing financial support to current PCVs through the Peace Corps Partnership Program;
- Volunteering and assisting in local community projects;
- Speaking at area schools and community institutions;
- Creating opportunities for Connecticut students to link with students around the world;
- Organizing field trips and events to celebrate our unique feeling of community; and
- Participating in lobbying efforts in support of Peace Corps programs.
Donate today and support the CTRPCV Community Service Fund.
CTRPCV provides financial assistance to education, health, small businesses and community development projects that are supported by its members at home and abroad. Past grants include: bicycles for caregivers at Malawi Children’s Village; scholarships to an AIDS orphanage in Kenya; landscaping at Life Haven in CT; books for a school library in Romania; and various micro-enterprise projects, including a corn grinding mill in Guatemala and a cafe employing “street boys” in Nicaragua.
We need YOUR help to make a difference!